Washing machine warning following Newton Abbot fire

Facebook/ Newton Abbot Fire Station
(Last Updated On: April 30, 2016)

Newton Abbot Fire Station posted a warning on Facebook yesterday (29th April) following a washing machine fire.

Two fire engines from Newton Abbot fire station attended the fire at a property in the Buckland area of the town at around 6.15pm.

The fire, in the kitchen of the house was extinguished by firefighters.

A spokesperson for Newton Abbot Fire Station posted on Facebook:
“Luckily the house had working smoke alarms in each floor which did the job of raising the alarm.

“Washing machines do catch fire even when operating full of water. It is best not to leave them washing when you leave the house and do not put them going at night when you go to bed.

“Our crews will return to the area tomorrow to carry out a ‘hot strike’ around neighbouring houses, which is a leaflet drop and offering advice on the benefits of a working smoke alarm,”

 

(Author)

Team account for We Are South Devon.