Adult and Child treated for smoke inhalation after Torquay flat fire

Fire engine devon and Somerset
(Last Updated On: October 28, 2014)

The Fire Service received a call reporting a kitchen fire in a flat on Newton Road, Torquay just after 5.30pm this evening (28 October)

Two fire appliances from Torquay were mobilised to the property.

Fire crews confirmed a small fire involving a cooker within a flat at the above location.

The fire was out on the arrival of fire crews who ventilated the property using a positive pressure ventilation fan.

Fire crews requested the attendance of Ambulance for one adult female and one male child suffering from smoke inhalation.

Fire crews rendered oxygen therapy and first aid, upon arrival, both casualties were treated by Ambulance crews on scene.

The cause of the fire is believed to be accidental.

(Author)

Team account for We Are South Devon.