Basement flat damaged in Torquay flat fire

wp-1460023274025.jpg
(Last Updated On: April 7, 2016)

Emergency services were called to reports of smoke coming from a basement flat in Torquay early yesterday evening.

Fire appliances from Torquay and Paignton were mobilised to the incident in Upton Road.

image

Emergency services at the scene

A spokesperson for the fire service said:
“On attendance of the first appliance crews confirmed there was fire in the basement of the 3 storey block of flats, crews got to work with four breathing apparatus, a hose reel jet, a thermal imaging camera and safety jet. All persons from within the property were promptly accounted for and the Police were required for traffic control.”

The fire was extinguished and a positive pressure ventilation fan was used to clear the property of smoke.

The basement lounge suffered 30% complete damage from fire and a remaining 20% of the flat was damaged by smoke.

(Author)

Team account for We Are South Devon.