Fire crews called to kitchen fire in Torquay

(Last Updated On: November 23, 2015)

The fire service was called to reports of a fire in Dower Road this afternoon.

Two fire engines were mobiled to the incident at around 3.30pm after black smoke was seen coming from the kitchen.

A spokesperson for the fire service said:
“Upon arrival crews confirmed smoke was issuing from ground floor kitchen electrical unit.  Crews got to work using two breathing apparatus, one hose reel jet and one safety jet, together with a thermal image camera.  Crews are currently ventilating using positive pressure ventilation.

“The cause of the fire is believed to be accidental”

(Author)

Team account for We Are South Devon.