Fire crews called to late night fire at Riviera Centre 

wpid-20150622_083513.jpg
(Last Updated On: December 30, 2017)

The fire service was called to reports of a fire at the Riviera Centre in Torquay late last night, Friday 29th December.

A member of staff alerted the fire service to a fire in a changing room at around 10:45pm. 

Three crews from Torquay and Paignton were mobilised to the incident. 

Crews found a fire involving a commercial hand dryer.

Devon and Somerset Fire and Rescue Service said on their website: “Assisted by the buildings sprinkler system, crews used breathing apparatus, a hose reel,  a thermal imaging camera and a positive pressure ventilation fan in order to fully extinguish the fire,”

Return to our home page for more local news here.

You can join us on our social media pages, follow us on Facebook or Twitter and keep up to date with whats going on in South Devon.

Got a news story, blog or press release that you’d like to share or want to advertise with us? Contact us

(Author)

Team account for We Are South Devon.