Fire crews called to living room fire in Torquay

Torquay fire
(Last Updated On: January 25, 2016)

The fire service were called to Westhill Road last night after a report of a fire at a property.

Fire appliances from Torquay and Paignton were mobilised to the incident around 9.45pm.

On arrival at the property fire crews requested the attendance of an ambulance for a male casualty with smoke inhalation.

A spokesperson for the fire service said:
“The fire involved a ground floor living room of a terraced house of two floors approximately 8m x 20m.  50% of the living room was damaged by fire, the remainder of the property was slightly smoke logged.

“2 breathing apparatus wearers, 1 hosereel jet and 1 covering jet were used to extinguish the fire.  Crews used a positive pressure ventilation fan to ventilate the property.  A thermal image camera was also used to check for hotspots.”

The cause of the fire was accidental.

(Author)

Team account for We Are South Devon.