Fire crews called to shed fire in Chelston

img_20171211_092040197417280.jpg
(Last Updated On: June 17, 2018)

The fire service was called to reports of a shed on fire in Chelston, Torquay in the early hours of this morning, Sunday 17th June.

Two fire engines were mobilised to the incident in The Reeves Road just after 2.30am, one from Paignton and one from Torquay.

Devon and Somerset Fire and Rescue Service said on their website: “On arrival crews confirmed one shed measuring approx. 8m x 4m fully involved in fire. Crews were working with 2 breathing apparatus wearers, 2 hose reel jets and 1 thermal imaging camera to extinguish the fire.

“The crew believed the roof to contain asbestos so a specialist hazardous materials officer and the Environmental Protection Unit from Newton Abbot was also mobilised,”

Police were informed of this incident.

You can join us on our social media pages, follow us on Facebook or Twitter and keep up to date with whats going on in South Devon.

Got a news story, blog or press release that you’d like to share or want to advertise with us? Contact us

(Author)

Team account for We Are South Devon.