Fire crews called to Torquay flat fire

DSC_0985
(Last Updated On: October 17, 2017)

Fire crews were called to reports of smoke at a flat in Abbey Road, Torquay earlier today, 17th October.

One fire appliance from Torquay and one from Paignton attended the incident at 2.45pm.

Devon and Somerset Fire and Rescue Service said on their website:

“On arrival crews found that there was a small fire in a ground floor kitchen involving cooking on the cooker hob, causing the flat to smoke log.  Crews inspected and made the scene safe using a thermal image camera and a positive pressure ventilation fan,” 

Return to our home page for more local news here.

You can join us on our social media pages, follow us on Facebook or Twitter and keep up to date with whats going on in South Devon. Got a news story, blog or press release that you’d like to share? Contact us

(Author)

Team account for We Are South Devon.