Fire crews find sausage rolls to be cause of Torquay fire

IMG_20171211_092040.jpg
(Last Updated On: December 26, 2017)

Fire crews were called to a fire in Wellswood, Torquay earlier this evening, 26th December.

Two fire engines from Torquay and one from Paignton were mobilised to reports of smoke at a property in Ilsham Road just before 7pm.

Devon and Somerset Fire and Rescue Service said on their website: “On arrival crews found a smell of smoke in the property and got to work using a thermal imaging camera and small tools.

“It was found that sausage rolls within a microwave oven had been on fire which was out by the time the fire service arrived,”

Return to our home page for more local news here.

You can join us on our social media pages, follow us on Facebook or Twitter and keep up to date with whats going on in South Devon.

Got a news story, blog or press release that you’d like to share or want to advertise with us? Contact us

(Author)

Team account for We Are South Devon.