Fire service called to Torquay house fire.

DSC_0985
(Last Updated On: November 23, 2017)

Update: The family report that the fire did not start in the toaster as first thought but was caused by their fridge-freezer.

Fire crews were called to a fire at a property on Teignmouth Road, Torquay this morning, Wednesday, 22nd November.
The fire service were called to the property at around 10.15am. A toaster was believed to be on fire.

Two fire engines attended the incident. One from Torquay and one from Paignton.

The fire service said on their website: “On arrival the crews confirmed that the ground floor flat was heavily smoke logged and they got to work using two breathing apparatus and one hose reel jet.

“They extinguished the fire which had caused twenty percent fire damage and one hundred percent smoke damage to the property,”

Return to our home page for more local news here.

You can join us on our social media pages, follow us on Facebook or Twitter and keep up to date with whats going on in South Devon.

Got a news story, blog or press release that you’d like to share or want to advertise with us? Contact us

(Author)

Team account for We Are South Devon.