Man rescued from Teignmouth flat fire

Fire engine devon and Somerset
(Last Updated On: February 17, 2015)

Emergenecy services were called to a flat fire in Teignmouth this morning.

The Fire Service received a call from an occupant stating his fire alarms were activating and he had a fire in his kitchen.  Two fire appliances from Teignmouth were mobilised to the incident just after 5.30anm this morning.

A fire spokeperson said:
“Fire crews rescued one adult male from the lounge of the flat.  Fire crews rendered oxygen therapy to the casualty and left him in the care of Ambulance crews.

“Fire crews confirmed a fire involving an oil pan on the cooker hob in the kitchen of a ground floor flat.  The fire was extinguished by fire crews using two breathing apparatus wearers, one hose reel jet, a themal image camera and a ladder for access.

“The British Red Cross Fire and Emergency Services Support team were alerted to attend this incident but stood down as the occupant did not require further assistance,”

The cause of the fire is believed to be accidental.

(Author)

Team account for We Are South Devon.