Man taken to hospital after Torquay flat fire

Fire engine devon and Somerset
(Last Updated On: October 5, 2014)

The fire service were called to reports of a fire on Rathmore Road, Torquay last night (4 October)

Fire Crews from Torquay and Paignton were mobilised to a property fire on Rathmore road, Chelston just after 11pm

One man was rescued from a smoke filled flat by fire crews, the man was given oxygen therapy until an ambulance arrived.

Crews used two breathing apparatus and one hosereel jet plus a Positive pressure ventilation fan was used to extinguish a fire in the kitchen of the ground floor flat.

The fire is believed to have been caused by unattended cooking.

(Author)

Team account for We Are South Devon.