Man taken to hospital following Paignton fire

(Last Updated On: December 21, 2014)

A man was taken to hospital this morning following a fire at a Paignton property.

The fire service attended a property in Winner Street just before 11.30am following reports of a fire.

On attendance, crews found a small fire in external guttering and waste pipe, crews led a male to safety off the balcony.

Crews used 2 breathing apparatus, 1 hose reel jet, 1 covering jet and a thermal imaging camera.

One male casualty was conveyed to hospital suffering the effects of smoke.

The fire service have stated that this is believed to be ‘deliberate ignition’.

image

(Author)

Team account for We Are South Devon.