Devon and Cornwall Police have confirmed that the suspicious packages found yesterday in Exeter were not explosive devices.
Two suspicious packages were found in the city centre. Cordons were set up, roads closed and nearby homes and schools evacuated.
A spokesperson for the police posted on their website yesterday:
“Following assessment by bomb disposal experts, the device found at King William Street in Exeter city centre found earlier this morning, Monday, June 29, 2015, has now been safely dealt with.
“The device at York Road is expected to be dealt with later this afternoon following further assessment by bomb disposal”
A later update, said the second ‘device’ had also been made safe.
This morning, Police confirmed neither package were explosive devices and they hope to share more information later today.
Posting on Social media, Devon and Cornwall Police said:
“Following the incident in Exeter city centre yesterday police can confirm the two packages were not explosive devices. We hope to share more information later today and would like to reiterate our thanks to all of our communities and partner agencies for their role in what was a professional and proportionate response to the incident.”