The fire service were called to Paignton Community College this afternoon (15 September) after reports of a gas leak.
Two fire engines, one from Paignton and one from Torquay were mobilised to the incident at 2.42pm.
The leak occurred within the class room of an educational block.
The gas had been isolated prior to arrival of crews and a gas engineer was in attendance.
All persons were evacuated safely from the premises.
On arrival crews used a gas detector, 2 Breathing Apparatus, 1 hose reel jet, and a safety jet.
The premises were ventilated naturally.
Keep up to date with what’s happening in the area, join us on facebook
[do_widget “Facebook like box (jetpack)”]