Dartmouth house fire

(Last Updated On: March 31, 2014)

Appliances from Dartmouth, Totnes and Brixham were mobilised to attend a building fire in Dartmouth at 2:05 this afternoon. On arrival crews found smoke and flames issuing from a property in Mashford Road. Crews used 6 Breathing Apparatus, 2 hose reel jet and 1 safety jet. A thermal imaging camera was used to identify hotspots and a short extension ladder. Crews were damping down and used small tools for cutting away. The fire was found on the first floor of a domestc property where the bedroom was severely damaged by fire and the rest of the first floor was damaged by smoke.

Fire Emergency Support Services were requested to attend to assist the occupants of the property.

The cause of the fire was accidental.

(Author)

Team account for We Are South Devon.