The fire service were called to reports of a kitchen fire in Exmouth today.
Two fire appliances from Exmouth were mobilised to the incident in Dukes Cresent at 1.12pm this afternoon.
The fire was in a ground floor kitchen. Crews put the fire out with one hose reel jet with two firefighters wearing breathing apparatus.
Ambulance was requested for two elderly female casualties suffering from smoke inhalation.
They were checked by paramedics but not taken to hospital.
The cause of the fire was deemed to be accidental.
For up to date news from around South Devon, please join us on Facebook:
[do_widget “Facebook like box (jetpack)”]