Fire at Paignton Zoo

Fire engine devon and Somerset
(Last Updated On: March 15, 2014)

Fire Control mobilised 2 appliances from Paignton to attend reports of a chip pan fire within a catering unit within Paignton Zoo.

Crews used 2 Breathing Apparatus, 1 hose reel jet and 1 dry powder extinguisher to extinguish the fire involving an electrical deep fat fryer and other electrical equipment. A positive pressure ventilation fan was also used to rid the property of smoke. Crews set about cutting away and damping down. The cause of the fire was accidental.


Team account for We Are South Devon.