[fblike style=”button_count” showfaces=”false” width=”450″ verb=”like” font=”arial”]
The fire service was called to Torbay Foyer, Teignmouth Road just after 11pm last night.
Two fire appliances and an aerial ladder platform were mobilised to a report of smoke in the cafe of the accommodation which houses young people aged 16-25 with support needs.
Upon arrival, crews confirmed smoke logging in the ground floor kitchen and cafe area of the two storey multi use building.
Crews extinguished a fire in the refridgerator using breathing apparatus, a thermal imaging camera and a dry powder extinguisher.
They then ventilated the premises.
The cause of the fire was acidental.
Keep up to date with whats happening in the area by joining us on facebook:
[do_widget “Facebook like box (jetpack)”]