The fire service were called to reports of flames in the downstairs of a domestic property in Buckfastleigh this morning (4 December)
One fire appliance from Buckfastleigh, one fire appliance from Ashburton and one fire appliance from Totnes were mobilised to the incident on Old Totnes Road at 01:37
Fire crews confirmed a fire involving logs adjacent to a log burner spreading to the beam of a chimney breast.
Fire crews extinguished the fire using a portable hose reel pack, small tools to cut away hot spots and a thermal image camera.
The cause of the fire is believed to be accidental.