Fire service called to tumble dryer fire in Newton Abbot

Fire engine devon and Somerset
(Last Updated On: August 19, 2014)

[fblike style=”button_count” showfaces=”false” width=”450″ verb=”like” font=”arial”]

The fire service were called to reports of a tumble dryer fire in Newton Abbot this afternoon (18 August)

Crews were called to the incident at around 2.30pm.

On arrival crews confirmed there was a small fire in the ground floor utility room of a detached house.

Crews used two Breathing apparatus, one hose reel jet and a sefety jet were used to extinguish the fire.

They then used positive pressure ventilation to clear the smoke from the property.

The property was left slightly damaged by smoke and heat.

[do_widget “Facebook like box (jetpack)”]


Team account for We Are South Devon.