Man suffers from smoke inhalation after kitchen fire

(Last Updated On: September 22, 2014)

The fire service were called reports of a kitchen fire in Newton Abbot this evening (22 September)

Two fire engines from Newton Abbot and Bovey Tracey were mobilised to the fire at a property on Benedicts Close just after 7.30pm

On arrival crews confirmed there was a chip pan on fire in the kitchen and got to work extinguishing the fire using a fire blanket 2 breathing apparatus and 1 hose reel jet as pre caution.

One male was suffering from smoke inhalation and an ambulance was requested to attend.

The cause of the fire was accidental.


Team account for We Are South Devon.