[fblike style=”button_count” showfaces=”false” width=”450″ verb=”like” font=”arial”]
Occombe Farm held it’s first cider festival last night. A great venue, alcohol, fantastic music and what turned out to be perfect weather…
It was a fantastic day!
Team We Are South Devon went along armed with a camera…..
The atmosphere was amazing, very relaxed and full of smiling people.
As with the beer festival, there seemed to be very few incidents. At one point we saw a number of security guards running in the same direction. They walked past a few minutes later with a dog who had snuck in to join in the fun! Other than that, we only witnessed one minor scuffle that was dealt with quickly, professional and efficiently by the security firm and the police. Hundreds of people, a massive quantity of alcohol and no major incidents – I think that in itself says a lot about the festival.
We spoke to a number of people who complimented the organisers choice of artists which included: Adam Isaac, Coco & The Butterfields, Hoarse, Fly Yeti Fly, The Glowglobes & The O’Marleys and Beltane Border .
The headline act was These Reigning Days. This band is amazing – which hasn’t gone unnoticed by the rest of the world. They recently headlined V-Rox festival in Vladivostok, Russia. Had a number one in Italy and have supported Bon Jovi. If you haven’t seen them yet, check them out.
You will find them at The Venue in Torquay for their album launch on the 19th September http://www.thesereigningdays.co.uk/
The weather held off. Despite a slightly wet start to the day, by the afternoon the sun was out. If it had rained, the farm was well prepared with a giant marquee. Fortunately we experienced one of the nicest days of the past month or so.
Would rain have ruined the festival? No but everyone loves a bit of sunshine, right?
A quick ‘Hello’ to everyone that we chatted to, great to meet you all and thanks for taking the time to talk to us.
Thanks to the rest of the team for their hard work (chilling out listening to music with a cider in hand) especially to Andy Gerry for photographing the event (the pictures got a bit blurry by the end of the night. Naturally we had to try the cider, it would have been rude not to!)
This may have been Occombe Farms first cider festival but we do hope it is not the last!
Join us on facebook
Error: Your Requested widget "Facebook like box (jetpack) " is not in the widget list.
- [do_widget_area sanfrancisco-default-sidebar]
- [do_widget id="media_image-29"]
- [do_widget id="media_image-18"]
- [do_widget id="media_image-28"]
- [do_widget id="media_image-36"]
- [do_widget id="media_image-23"]
- [do_widget id="media_image-31"]
- [do_widget id="weptile-image-slider-widget-2"]
- [do_widget id="weptile-image-slider-widget-5"]
- [do_widget id="weptile-image-slider-widget-4"]
- [do_widget_area widgets_for_shortcodes]
- [do_widget_area wp_inactive_widgets]
- [do_widget id="search-2"]
- [do_widget id="weptile-image-slider-widget-3"]
- [do_widget id="search-4"]
- [do_widget id="archives-11"]
- [do_widget id="nav_menu-3"]
- [do_widget id="archives-4"]
- [do_widget id="archives-6"]
- [do_widget id="text-2"]
- [do_widget id="text-39"]
- [do_widget id="categories-3"]
- [do_widget id="recent-posts-2"]
- [do_widget id="archives-2"]
- [do_widget id="recent-comments-2"]
- [do_widget id="categories-2"]
- [do_widget id="meta-2"]
- [do_widget id="eu_cookie_law_widget-2"]
- [do_widget id="eu_cookie_law_widget-3"]