Pets rescued from building fire in Ellacombe, Torquay.

Torquay fire
(Last Updated On: April 14, 2014)

[fblike style=”button_count” showfaces=”false” width=”450″ verb=”like” font=”arial”]

Animals rescued from Ellacombe Church Road house fire just after 1am this morning (14/04)

One appliance from Torquay and one from Paignton were mobilised to a kitchen fire at the above location.  The occupier had been able to vacate the property but two dogs and a cat were inside.

On arrival crews confirmed a fire in the kitchen of a mid-terrace property and went to work with two Breathing Apparatus wearers, one Hose Reel Jet and one Safety Jet.

Crews adminstered oxygen therapy to one female who was suffering from smoke inhalation – Ambulance crews then arrived and took over care of the patient.

The fire was extinguished using two Breathing Apparatus wearers, one Attack Jet, one Safety Jet, a Thermal Imaging Camera, Positive Pressure Ventilation fan and small tools.

The two dogs and cat were rescued from the property.

[do_widget “Facebook like box (jetpack)”]

(Author)

Team account for We Are South Devon.