Property fire, Derwent Road, Torquay

(Last Updated On: March 28, 2014)

One fire appliance from Torquay and one from Paignton attended a fire within a ground floor kitchen involving paper and cardboard on an electric hob. Crews put the fire out using one hose reel jet, two breathing apparatus, a thermal imaging camera, and small tools. Crews also ventilated the property using positive pressure fans.

The cause of the fire was accidental. The property was severely damaged. The Fire and Emergency Support Service attended due to the property becoming uninhabitable.


Team account for We Are South Devon.