[fblike style=”button_count” showfaces=”false” width=”450″ verb=”like” font=”arial”]
Registration is now open for The Colour Rush, South Devon’s brightest 5k, which is returning to Paignton Beach to raise funds for Rowcroft Hospice this summer.
The Colour Rush was re-instated to the hospice’s events calendar in response to huge public demand, and will now take place on Paignton Beach from 2pm on Saturday 13 September.
The event invites runners – as well as walkers, joggers, dancers, even cartwheelers – to complete a 5k course while being showered with powdered paint.
All participants will also receive a free bag of paint to take part in a mass, celebratory paint throw on Paignton Beach on completion of the 5k course.
Jess Goodwin, Events Co-ordinator at Rowcroft Hospice, said: “Whether you’re a runner, or just want an excuse to spend a day at the beach covered in paint, we’d love to see you at our most colourful event of the summer!”
The hospice held its first Colour Rush last year and held a focus group with 2013’s participants to help inform and confirm details of this year’s event.
Nick French, who took part in the hospice’s first Colour Rush last year, said: “I had a great time at last year’s Colour Rush, which I ran with my sisters – we all got covered in some wonderful shades of paint! I cannot wait to get signed up for this year. I’m looking forward to running with even more friends and family who were inspired by how awesome last year’s event turned out.”
Everyone who registers for The Colour Rush 2014 will be sent a fundraising pack including a sponsorship form and tips on how to raise as much money as possible for the hospice.
Jess added: “Only 23% of our funding comes from the NHS so we rely heavily on the generosity of the local community to provide our vital services. We currently care for over 1,800 people living with life-limiting illnesses every year so any amount raised – however big or small – will be gratefully received!”
The Colour Rush is open to anyone aged 13 and over. It really doesn’t matter how fit you are, how old you are and there’s no prize for crossing the finishing line first….it’s all about having fun! Whether you’re looking to have a fun day out with your friends, or fancy taking on a sofa to 5k challenge, this event is not to be missed. And as if that’s not enough…..you can give yourself a big pat on the back for helping to raise heaps of money for your local hospice, Rowcroft. All funds raised from the event will go to supporting the hospice’s vital work, providing care and support to over 1,800 patients and their families each year across South Devon.
Places are limited so book early to ensure you don’t miss out. Adult entry is £15 and children under 16 pay only £12. And if you sign up before 30th May using the exclusive promotional code YELLOW (subject to availability), you will receive an early bird discount of £3 off the adult entry price of £15.
So, what are you waiting for? Join us on Saturday 13th September 2014 for South Devon’s brightest 5k and help support your local hospice!
Error: Your Requested widget "Facebook like box (jetpack) " is not in the widget list.
- [do_widget_area sanfrancisco-default-sidebar]
- [do_widget id="media_image-29"]
- [do_widget id="media_image-40"]
- [do_widget id="media_image-38"]
- [do_widget id="media_image-18"]
- [do_widget id="media_image-28"]
- [do_widget id="media_image-36"]
- [do_widget id="media_image-23"]
- [do_widget id="media_image-31"]
- [do_widget id="weptile-image-slider-widget-5"]
- [do_widget id="weptile-image-slider-widget-4"]
- [do_widget_area widgets_for_shortcodes]
- [do_widget_area wp_inactive_widgets]
- [do_widget id="search-2"]
- [do_widget id="weptile-image-slider-widget-3"]
- [do_widget id="search-4"]
- [do_widget id="archives-11"]
- [do_widget id="nav_menu-3"]
- [do_widget id="archives-4"]
- [do_widget id="archives-6"]
- [do_widget id="text-2"]
- [do_widget id="text-39"]
- [do_widget id="categories-3"]
- [do_widget id="recent-posts-2"]
- [do_widget id="archives-2"]
- [do_widget id="recent-comments-2"]
- [do_widget id="categories-2"]
- [do_widget id="meta-2"]
- [do_widget id="eu_cookie_law_widget-2"]
- [do_widget id="eu_cookie_law_widget-3"]