The fire service were called to Harbertonford, Totnes last night to reports of a shepherds hut on fire.
Three appliances from Totnes, Paignton and Modbury were mobilised to the incident at Dattins late last night.
On arrival crews found the hut to be well alight. One small propane cylinder was involved, this was removed and cooled by fire crews.
Crews used 2 Hose reel jets, a thermal imaging camera and small tools were used. Compressed Air Foam was used to extinguish the fire completely.
The cause of the fire was accidental and the hut was 100% damaged by fire.