Torquay flat severely damaged by fire

Fire

Fire crews were called to a fire at a flat in Melville Lane, Torquay in the early hours of this morning.

One fire appliance from Torquay and one from Paignton attended the fire in a first floor flat, within a bedroom.

Crews extinguished the fire using two hose reel jets. Four firefighters tackled the fire wearing breathing apparatus.

The fire service said that the flat was severely damaged by the fire.

No one was reported to be injured.

The cause of the fire was accidental.

(Author)

Team account for We Are South Devon.