Four people rescued from Torquay flat fire

DSC_0985
(Last Updated On: October 22, 2017)

Fire crews were called to reports of a fire at a flat in the Hele area of Torquay this morning, Sunday 22nd October.

Two fire appliances from Torquay, one  from Paignton were mobilised to the incident in Orchard Road at around 3.15am.

The fire involved a gas meter on the outside of the property. The fire service asked the gas/electricity board to attend as a matter of urgency to isolate the gas and electricity.

The fire service state four people were rescued from the fire by Fire Service Personnel. Three led to safety and one rescued from the first floor.

The cause of the fire was accidental.

Return to our home page for more local news here.

You can join us on our social media pages, follow us on Facebook or Twitter and keep up to date with whats going on in South Devon. Got a news story, blog or press release that you’d like to share? Contact us

(Author)

Team account for We Are South Devon.