Man suffers from burns in Warren Road house fire

received_10332210068254121734585460.jpeg
(Last Updated On: February 26, 2018)

A man suffered from burns in a fire at a property in Torquay yesterday, Sunday 25th February.

Fire crews from Torquay and Paignton and an ambulance crew attended the incident in Warren Road at around 4.50pm.

The road was temporarily closed whilst fire crews dealt with the fire.

The fire was caused by a chip pan.

The man was treated for flash burns and smoke inhalation.

Devon and Somerset Fire & Rescue service said on their website:
“On arrival, crews confirmed fire involving a chip pan in a single storey property. Crews used two breathing apparatus sets, a hose reel jet, a covering jet and a dry powder extinguisher to extinguish the fire.

“Crews requested an Ambulance to attend, due to one male occupant suffering flash burns and smoke inhalation.

“Crews also used a positive pressure ventilation fan to clear to smoke from the premise,”

You can join us on our social media pages, follow us on Facebook or Twitter and keep up to date with whats going on in South Devon.

Got a news story, blog or press release that you’d like to share or want to advertise with us? Contact us

(Author)

Team account for We Are South Devon.