Fire crews called to fire at Beacon Quay

received_297515307599276.jpeg
(Last Updated On: March 3, 2019)

The fire service were called to reports of a fire at a kitchen of a restaurant at Beacon Quay this afternoon, Sunday 3rd March.

Fire crews from Paignton and Torquay were mobilised to the incident at around 3pm.

The fire was in a cleaning store cupboard.

Devon and Somerset Fire andRescue Service said on their website: “The incident involved a fire in a 3 storey commercial premises measuring 30m x 50m used as a restaurant. The fire was confined to the first floor cleaning store measuring 5m x 10m involving a battery powered buffing machine and a patio cylinder affected by heat. Two cylinders were removed and cooled to a safe temperature. 2 breathing apparatus wearers, 1 hosereel jet and 1 safety jet were used to extinguish the fire and a thermal image camera to check for hotspots,”

You can join us on our social media pages, follow us on Facebook or Twitter and keep up to date with whats going on in South Devon.

Got a news story, blog or press release that you’d like to share or want to advertise with us? Contact us

(Author)

Team account for We Are South Devon.