The fire service were called to reports of a fire at a kitchen of a restaurant at Beacon Quay this afternoon, Sunday 3rd March.
Fire crews from Paignton and Torquay were mobilised to the incident at around 3pm.
The fire was in a cleaning store cupboard.
Devon and Somerset Fire andRescue Service said on their website: “The incident involved a fire in a 3 storey commercial premises measuring 30m x 50m used as a restaurant. The fire was confined to the first floor cleaning store measuring 5m x 10m involving a battery powered buffing machine and a patio cylinder affected by heat. Two cylinders were removed and cooled to a safe temperature. 2 breathing apparatus wearers, 1 hosereel jet and 1 safety jet were used to extinguish the fire and a thermal image camera to check for hotspots,”
Got a news story, blog or press release that you’d like to share or want to advertise with us? Contact us