Fire crews were called to Grenville Avenue, Teignmouth to reports of smoke coming from a property late last night (15th December)
Two fire crews from Teignmouth attended the incident at 10:40pm.
A spokesperson for Devon and Somerset Fire & Rescue Service said:
“On arrival, crews confirmed that smoke was issuing from a terraced property and forced entry inside.
“Crews found a small fire in the ground floor kitchen. The fire was extinguished using 2 breathing apparatus wearers, 1 hose reel jet, small tools, thermal imaging camera and a positive pressure ventilation fan was used to clear the property of the smoke.
“The cause of the fire was accidental.”
You can also join us on our social media pages, follow us on Facebook or Twitter and keep up to date with whats going on in South Devon. Got a news story, blog or press release that you’d like to share? Contact us