The fire service were called to reports of a fire at public toilets in Paignton earlier this evening, 13th November.
One fire engine from Paignton attended the incident at Marine Parade just before 6pm
Devon and Somerset Fire and Rescue Service said on their website:
“On arrival crews found a small fire in the toilets involving a pile of rubbish in the corner. It was extinguished using a hose reel jet, and ventilated using a positive pressure ventilation fan,”
The cause of the fire was deliberate. The local council and police were informed.
Return to our home page for more local news here.
You can join us on our social media pages, follow us on Facebook or Twitter and keep up to date with whats going on in South Devon. Got a news story, blog or press release that you’d like to share? Contact us