Bedroom fire caused by candle

(Last Updated On: December 25, 2017)

Fire crews were called to reports of a fire at a property in Totnes this morning 25th December.

Two fire engines, one from Totnes and one from Paignton were mobilised to the incident at Copland Meadows just after 11.15am.

​Devon and Somerset Fire and Rescue Service said on their website: “On arrival the officer in charge confirmed there had been a fire in the bedroom of the property caused by a candle and involved curtains and adjoining furniture.

“The fire had already been extinguished by the homeowner, so crews got to work to ensure that the fire was fully out using small tools and a thermal imaging camera.

“The incident was left safe and in the hands of the occupier,”

Return to our home page for more local news here.

You can join us on our social media pages, follow us on Facebook or Twitter and keep up to date with whats going on in South Devon.

Got a news story, blog or press release that you’d like to share or want to advertise with us? Contact us


Team account for We Are South Devon.