We are going through a period of major change in our health and social care services and it is vital that people have an opportunity to have their say.
Getting your voice heard is not always easy. Many people struggle to be listened to, can feel excluded and ignored. Having someone in their community who they can talk to and trust to put their views can make a real difference.
Healthwatch Torbay provides training and support to volunteers wishing to become a local Champion.
“Being a Healthwatch Champion is a vital role and has never been more important”, said Pat Harris, Healthwatch Torbay CEO, and urged “anyone with a passion for helping people or a commitment to improving health and social care services to get in touch with us today and become a local Healthwatch Champion. You would make a real difference”.
The role of Healthwatch Champion can be carried out by an individual or a representative from an organisation
- Champions in local areas may work together and support each other
- Champions will be supported by the Healthwatch Torbay staff team and have the opportunity to attend quarterly meetings.
- Champions will have adequate opportunity to share their views and suggestions about Healthwatch Torbay
- Champions will receive regular updates from Healthwatch Torbay
- Champions contributions will be recognised at the Healthwatch Torbay annual awards
If you would you like to become a Healthwatch Torbay Champion click here for more information
Got a news story, blog or press release that you’d like to share or want to advertise with us? Contact us