Elderly man treated for shock following kitchen fire

Fire engine
(Last Updated On: April 4, 2017)

Fire crews attended a fire at a property in Higher Contour Road in the Kingswear area this afternoon, 4th April.

One fire appliance from Dartmouth and two from Brixham attended a report of a fire in a kitchen involving a grill at around 12.30pm today.

A spokesperson for Devon and Somerset Fire and Rescue Service said:             “Crews arrived on scene and confirmed this fire out, and removed the heat source from the property. An ambulance was requested to attend for one elderly male suffering from shock.

“Crews vented the property and checked the area with a thermal imaging camera. The cause of the fire was accidental,”


Team account for We Are South Devon.