Emergency services were called to a fire in Babbacombe, Torquay this morning.
The fire service received a call reporting smoke in a bedroom at around 00:30hrs.
Fire appliances from Torquay and Paignton were mobilised to the property in Quinta Close.
A fire service spokesperson said:
“On arrival of the first appliance an ambulance was immediately requested for men suffering smoke inhalation. Fire crews rendered first aid and gave oxygen therapy.
“The incident commander soon confirmed the fire in the first floor bedroom was extinguished by firefighters wearing 2 breathing apperatus and a hose reel jet. The fire is believed to have involved a heating mat from a Tortoise enclosure.”