Emergency services were called to reports of a fire at a property in Washbrook Mill, Kingsbridge last night.
3 fire appliances from Kingsbridge, Salcombe and Modbury were mobilised at around 9.20pm following a call from the occupant of a property reporting a fire in their bedroom.
They and the other occupants evacuated the property.
A fire service spokesperson said:
“After investigating crews confirmed that the fire, involving a fan heater in the bedroom of the 2 storey rented property, was out on arrival. However, an ambulance was requested for one of the occupants, a 64yr old male, suffering from smoke inhalation. Crews administered 100% Oxygen therapy until the ambulance arrived. There were no other casualties and the fire started accidentally.”