The fire service were called to a fire at a property in Teignmouth this evening
2 fire appliances from Teignmouth were mobilised to reports of a fire at a property at Second Avenue, just before 7pm.
On arrival, crews confirmed that the property was heavily smoke logged.
2 breathing apparatus wearers entered the premises and escorted one male from the building. An ambulance was requested for the male to be checked over.
The fire, involving the cooker in the kitchen was extinguished using 2 breathing apparatus wearers, 1 hose reel jet and 1 safety jet. The area was then checked with a thermal imaging camera.
The cause of the fire was accidental and the property sustained light smoke damage.