Fire crews called to blaze at chip shop

(Last Updated On: March 5, 2015)

Fire fighters were called to a fire at a chip shop in Teignmouth this afternoon.


The fire service were alerted to the fire in Regent Street, just after 2pm after receiving numerous calls reporting black smoke coming from the area.


Two fire appliances were initially mobilised to the incident, followed by a third, which crews requested for manpower.

Once in attendance crews located a fire within the extractor flue of the deep fat fryer on the ground floor.

Crews got to work extinguishing the fire.

The flue was severely damaged by fire, with the kitchen and restaurant slightly damaged by smoke.

The above flats were also slightly smoke logged.



Team account for We Are South Devon.