Fire crews called to chip pan fire in Torquay 

DSC_0985
(Last Updated On: July 31, 2017)

Fire crews were called to Thurlow Road in Torquay to a chip fan fire this evening, 31st July.

Two appliances from Torquay and Paignton attended the incident at a ground floor of a domestic residence.

Devon and Somerset Fire and Rescue Service said on their website:

“The chip pan was removed to open air by the occupant prior to the arrival of the Fire Service.  Two breathing apparatus wearers used a positive pressure ventilation fan to rid the house of smoke and crews made the scene safe.

“An ambulance was requested to treat the female occupant of the property for slight smoke inhalation,”


Widget not in any sidebars

Return to our home page for more local news here.

You can join us on our social media pages, follow us on Facebook or Twitter and keep up to date with whats going on in South Devon. Got a news story, blog or press release that you’d like to share? Contact us
 

 

(Author)

Team account for We Are South Devon.