Fire crews were called to a fire at a public house in Torquay in the early hours of this morning.
Two fire engines, one from Torquay and one ftom Paignton were mobilised to the Dog and Duck on Babbacombe Road just after 3am.
A further appliance from Torquay was mobilised due to number of calls and claims that there was persons reported inside.
A fire service spokesperson said:
“On arrival crews discovered a fire in a first floor office of the two storey premises.
“Crews used two breathing apparatus, one hose reel jet, one safety jet, positive pressure ventilation, thermal imaging camera and small tools to extinguish the fire.
“The room of origin was fifty per cent damaged by the fire. The remainder of the first floor was slightly damaged by heat and smoke. The ground floor was slightly damaged by the water. There were no persons injured in the fire.”