Fire crews were called to a fire at a thatched pub on Steep Hill in Maidencombe late last night, Thursday 5th September.
The incident happened just after 11pm, with staff alerting emergency services.
4 fire appliances attended the scene, including the aerial platform. The gas board also attended, isolating the gas due tona fractured gas pipe.
The fire service said that the accidental fire, which started in the kitchen was soon under control.
Devon and Somerset Fire and rescue service said on their website: “The fire caused 50% severe damage to the ground floor and once the area was made safe, duty of care was left with staff. There were no casualties,”
Got a news story, blog or press release that you’d like to share or want to advertise with us? Contact us