Fire crews called to late night kitchen fire

wp-1579968236734394703645471272443-1140x855-1.jpg
(Last Updated On: April 16, 2021)

Fire crews were called to reports of a kitchen fire in Hele Road, Torquay last night, Thursday 15 April.

Two fire engines were mobilised to the incident at around 11.40pm.

A spokesperson for Devon and Somerset fire and rescue service said: “The fire involved the electrical hob in a first floor kitchen of the mid terraced property.

“Crews used 2 Breathing Apparatus wearers, one hose reel jet and a thermal imaging camera to ensure the fire was fully extinguished.

“The cause of the fire was believed to be accidental.”

You can join us on our social media pages, follow us on Facebook or Twitter and keep up to date with whats going on in South Devon.

Got a news story, blog or press release that you’d like to share or want to advertise with us? Contact us

(Author)

Team account for We Are South Devon.