Fire crews called to a fire at a property in Newton Abbot earlier today, 12th February.
Two fire engines from Newton Abbot were initially mobilised to reports of
smoke coming from the windows and roof from a house in The Warren.
Fire crews entered the heavily smoke logged property using breathing apparatus.
Another unit from Torquay was mobilised to the incident as there was a possibility that not everyone had been accounted for.
Devon and Somerset Fire and Rescue Service said on their website: “At 11:49 the incident commander confirmed all persons were accounted for and the fire was located in a first floor cupboard. Breathing apparatus wearers were discontinued and 2 hose reel jets were used while the crews started cutting away.
“At 12:12 the incident commander confirmed the fire out and no further resources were required. The fire took place in a first floor airing cupboard which was extinguished using 2 hose reel jets, breathing apparatus, a safety jet and small tools. There was 25% damage by fire to the first floor and 75% smoke damage
Return to our home page for more local news here.
You can join us on our social media pages, follow us on Facebook or Twitter and keep up to date with whats going on in South Devon.
Got a news story, blog or press release that you’d like to share or want to advertise with us? Contact us