Fire crews called to Paignton garage fire

(Last Updated On: October 4, 2017)

The fire service were called to reports of a garage on fire in Ashburn Walk, Paignton this afternoon, 4th October.

Two fire engines from Paignton and one fire engine from Torquay, along with a Operational Assurance Officer were mobilised to the incident. 

Devon and Somerset fire service said on their website:

“On arrival crews confirmed fire in a garage measuring 6m x 3m, at work with one safety jet and one hose reel jet.Small fire in single domestic garage involving a wheelie bin.  30% fire damage, 100% by smoke and heat.  Extinguished using two breathing apparatus, one hose reel jet, one safety jet, thermal image camera and small tools.  The cause of the fire was accidental,”

Return to our home page for more local news here.

You can join us on our social media pages, follow us on Facebook or Twitter and keep up to date with whats going on in South Devon. Got a news story, blog or press release that you’d like to share? Contact us


Team account for We Are South Devon.