The fire service were called to reports of a fire at a property in Davies Avenue, Paignton this afternoon, 21st May.
Three fire appliances were mobilised to the incident. One from Torquay, one from Paignton and one from Brixham.
The incident happened at around 4pm.
Devon and Somerset Fire and Rescue Service said on their website:
“This was a small fire involving cooking oil in the oven. Inspection only by fire crews, equipment used one hose reel jet and a dry powder extinguisher. The cause of the fire was accidental. Crews fitted smoke detectors in the property,”
Return to our home page for more local news here.
You can join us on our social media pages, follow us on Facebook or Twitter and keep up to date with whats going on in South Devon. Got a news story, blog or press release that you’d like to share? Contact us