The fire service was called to reports of a fire in Crossways shopping centre in the early hours of this morning, 8th August.
Three fire engines from Paignton and Torquay stations were mobilised to the incident in Hyde Road at around 4.45am.
Devon and Somerset Fire and Rescue Service said on their website:
“The first crew in attendance found a small fire in a stairwell involving a discarded mattress. The fire caused slight damage to the stairwell of the building, and was extinguished using a hose reel jet.”
Widget not in any sidebars
Return to our home page for more local news here.
You can join us on our social media pages, follow us on Facebook or Twitter and keep up to date with whats going on in South Devon. Got a news story, blog or press release that you’d like to share? Contact us