Fire crews called to property fire in Shiphay

(Last Updated On: March 24, 2015)

The fire service were called to a fire at a house in Shiphay, Torquay this morning.

Two fire engines from Torquay were mobilised to reports of a kitchen fire in a property on Torridge Avenue at around 10am.

A spokesperson for the Fire Service said:
“On arrival the crews discovered a fire in the ground floor kitchen of a semi detached property. They used two breathing apparatus and one hose reel, one safety jet, positive pressure ventilation fan and a thermal imaging camera to extinguish the fire.”



Team account for We Are South Devon.